LaMB - the 1st Animax anime production
... recycling has never been this beautiful ...

LaMB [the Music]

7:53 AM / Posted by dsy /

  • If you had to choose a theme song for LaMB, which song would you choose, which band would you have perform it and why?

If I had to choose... well, I won't choose western band, that's for sure. Not that I'm an anti-western-band kind of thing, of course... but I'd rather have Japanese band with Japanese songs. Why? For a very simple reason; it's an animation made and aired by Animax. Animax is about Japanese anime, with Japanese theme songs. Japanese anime is the positioning of Animax. Everybody who watches Animax expect anime on it. If Animax should ever produce - and it is producing - an animation, IMHO, it should be in somewhat Japanese style.

And I think the best band to perform LaMB theme songs would be L'Arc~en~Ciel. Their songs are some sort of dark yet ear-catching. That darkness should perfectly matches the story.

In anime, usually there are opening and ending songs. The opening is usually an upbeat song, while the ending is the kind of mellow and slower. There are so many songs performed by L'Arc~en~Ciel I can choose for both opening and ending song.

For opening I would consider these songs... They are mostly about freedom, which I think would be perfect for LaMB.

  • New World
  • Jiyuu e no shoutai
  • Nexus 4 (but it's a theme for a Subaru car commercial, would it be a problem?)

And for ending song, I'd pick...

  • Alone en la vida; it has some sort of sadness
  • Singin' in the rain; a jazzy tune would be nice, I think

Of course it's not common to have the same band in both op and ed at the same time. In that case, I'll just have to pick one for some episodes, and another for some other episodes... :P. Some of the songs are pretty old, and maybe some have become a soundtrack for something already (sorry if I miss).

Well, the only problem I have is... I can't really choose!! Those songs are all so good for LaMB so that I can't make up my mind...! Help...! :P

:: December 4, 2008 ::

Labels:

2 comments:

Anonymous on January 15, 2009 at 12:09 PM

I agree if the theme song is from Japanese band.. Not only L'Arc~en~Ciel baut maybe from the other bands...

Comment by dsy on January 19, 2009 at 7:04 PM

yups! in fact there's a lot of bands to join the list :D
I got a real headache just to narrow the list and came up with this :D

Post a Comment